This page is moving, or has already moved...
As part of our efforts to continually improve our online services, this section of our web site is moving to www.dun-bri-group.com. The new site contains more information, news and a knowledgebase for help and support. Please visit the new site and update your bookmarks...
The history of the UK's largest vehicle lighting supplier
The history of Dun-Bri Group
When the company started life in Mike and Jane Roberts' garage in 1989, it was Britain's only specialist commercial vehicle lighting company - and it still is. Jane recalls taking on their first employee in 1994: “On his first day, he had to measure out 50m lengths of conduit around the trees in front of our house,” she laughs. Those rolls of conduit, along with the rest of the stock, were kept in a container at the bottom of the garden.
Today, that first employee is still with the Dun-Bri Group; he is now part of a dedicated team based in Buntingford which supply thousands of different auto-electrical products to all types of customers across Europe.
The Roberts' family garage has been replaced by a 13,000 square-foot purpose-built warehouse holding over 10,000 items of stock (pictured right) as well as a number of branches across the United Kingdom, but the Dun-Bri Group still exemplifies the high standards of customer service that are associated with a family business.
And in case you were wondering where the company name comes from, well, that's also a family affair. Mike and Jane formed it from their two sons' unusual second names; Dunbar and Bhryce.
In 2013, Andrew Strath, who started with the company as a Sales Representative, became the Group Managing Director and has overseen the largest period of change and expansion including the launch of the Wakefield branch and trade counter for the Group, Dun-Bri Yorkshire.
Dun-Bri Group's Customer Charter
We constantly look at ways to improve our customer service. Our customer charter is our commitment to you:
- We will offer a free 2 year no quibble warranty on all items*
- We will aim to deliver 95% of all orders within 24 hours
- We will answer 90% of all telephone calls within five rings
- We will ensure that the first person you deal with either answers your enquiry or passes you on to the right person
- We aim to designate a single, named member of staff to deal with you or your company
- We will always try to make sure that our staff are well informed, reliable, and courteous, and that the information they give you is accurate and up-to-date
*Two year warranty excludes bulbs, tubes and chemicals. Warranty starts from date of invoice. Other terms and conditions apply. Please ask for details.